Last updated: March 8, 2021
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
When you create an account, we ask that you provide your name and email address. We also collect information when you make a payment (such as your credit card information), apply for a job, communicate with us via third-party social media sites, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us.
When you create a new project with us, we may ask you to provide data files and the names and email addresses of who will be labeling such files. You may also submit information about other users who will be collaborating with you on the project, such as their name, role, and email.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Interact with Us
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect certain information, including:
- Transactional Information: When you make a payment, we collect information about the transaction, such as purchase price, and date and location of the transaction.
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, and browser type. We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Location Information: We may derive the approximate location of your device from your IP address.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as "pixel tags" or "clear GIFs") are electronic images that we use on our Services and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see the Your Choices section below.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services;
- Personalize and improve your experience on our Services;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Surge and others and provide news and information that we think will interest you (see the Your Choices section below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize the advertisements you see on third-party platforms and websites (for more information, see the Advertising and Analytics section below);
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protect the rights and property of Surge and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors on our Services;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations;
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- We share personal information with vendors, service providers, and consultants that need access to personal information in order to perform services for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, data labeling, fraud prevention, customer service, and marketing and advertising.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may share personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, the public, or others.
- We share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- We share personal information with your consent or at your direction.
- We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
Our Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button). Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
We store the information we collect on you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it, or for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES AND OTHER COUNTRIES
Surge is headquartered in the United States, and we have operations and service providers in the United States. We and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction. We will take commercially reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
You may update and correct certain account information you provide to us at any time by logging into your account or emailing us at email@example.com. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you may be able to adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of the Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Surge by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.